Monday, June 11, 2012

Elk Ridge

We went to Elk Ridge again.  It's one of those places that we love to go to.  We did a little more relaxing and hanging around camp this time.  It was really nice.  I think part of why we didn't do as much was because my grandma and grandpa came for a few days.  The first day we went to the look out so that Casey could make some phone calls because reception isn't very good at camp.  I didn't like going to the look out this year because Caleb wanted to run and play and not hold anyone's hand.  Knowing how clumsy my son is, I was afraid he would trip and fall over the edge.



We got grandma and grandpa to go to the milkranch indian ruin.  It's a fairly long 4 wheeler ride so we put grandma in our side by side and grandpa on a 4 wheeler.  Grandma loved the ride and she thought the ruins were the neatest thing ever.

Casey and I and my sister in law Tracy and her son Hunter decided to do some exploring at the ruin.  We found some cool caves and some other signs of indian dwellings.





We shots guns a few times.
ready to go shoot his gun


We went fishing again this year.  Caleb had way more fun this year.  We caught tons of fish.  We kept a few to take back to camp to cook.  I'm not really a fish person, but the way my brother cooked them was really good.  Caleb liked eating his fish.



On our way back from fishing, we went to some ruins that we have never been to before.  You can drive your truck to them.  There are also petroglyphs on the rock walls from the indians.  They were cool.  My sweet little boy decided to have an accident while we were there. A poop accident! ugh!  I can't remember the last time we had an accident, so I was unprepared. Luckily it didn't get on his shorts so he was able to wear those back to camp.
we couldn't get the boys to cooperate for a picture so we had them show us their muscles
petroglyphs


Every night Caleb and Hunter had to play in the dirt road.  They got so dirty, but they had so much fun.  The bottom of our bath tub was covered in dirt every night.  At least he had fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment